Tour Named-User Site Licenses
- Subscriber homepage
- New entries
- Chapter list
- Organization's custom stylebook
- Pronunciation guide
- Style categories
- Ask the Editor
- Submit questions to Ask the Editor
- Media law guide
- Account manager
- Mobile-optimized view
- iOS app connects to Stylebook Online
- iOS app index page
- iOS app functions
- iOS app entry view
AP Stylebook Online takes everything you love about the traditional Stylebook and adds digital functionality and online-only features to make it an even better resource.
Stylebook Online features include:
- updates throughout the year, with email notifications as AP editors add or change entries
- access to Ask the Editor, where you can search thousands of previously answered questions in the archive and submit your own query to Stylebook editor David Minthorn
- the ability for each user to create his or her own custom listings and add notes on entries, in addition to the site license administrator creating custom entries and notes to share across the organization as a shared local style reference and resource
- search functionality that makes it easier to find all listings relevant to your query, using either simple or advanced searches
- phonetic spellings of hundreds of words and audio files so you can hear the right way to say names in the news.
- The Media Law Guide’s framework for understanding some of the legal questions commonly encountered in news gathering and publishing.
Use your mobile-optimized Web-based subscription on your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
At no added charge, you can use your AP Stylebook Online account via our our redesigned iOS mobile app and take AP Stylebook with you wherever you go, even when you don’t have connectivity. All the entries, notes and favorites you create in your Stylebook Online account will sync between your computer and mobile device.
You can also install our Microsoft Office app and use your Stylebook Online subscription to search or browse Stylebook entries within Microsoft Word.
Stylebook Online rates are based on the number of users, with pricing available either for named users or concurrent users. The price per user decreases with more users and can be more affordable than hard copy books.
Stylebook Online rates are going up June 1. Order now to take advantage of our lower prices. Your year-long subscription begins when you activate your account, so you can order now but wait until later in the year to start the clock on your year, if you like.
AP members with a valid MDM code or AP Billing Account Number qualify for discounted rates.
Returning Stylebook Online subscribers qualify for discounts on renewals. You can also find your renewal discount code on your site license's account manager page, and in your renewal reminder emails.
Sign up for automatic annual renewal and save 20 percent your first year – plus 20 percent off your discounted renewal rate every additional year you continue to subscribe. It’s the most affordable way to stay in style.
You will gain access via an account activation email following your order receipt. Your one-year subscription starts when you activate your account.
Site licenses save you money, as the price per user goes down the more users you have.
Site License Pricing
|Users||General Orders||AP Members|
|First Year||Renewals||First Year||Renewals|
If you prefer to subscribe just for yourself, as opposed to for several users, learn more about individual subscriptions.