Tour Individual Subscriptions
- Subscriber home page
- New entries
- Chapter list
- Your custom stylebook
- Pronunciation guide
- Style categories
- Ask the Editor
- Submit questions to Ask the Editor
- Media law guide
- Account manager
- Mobile-optimized view
- iOS app connects to Stylebook Online
- iOS app index page
- iOS app functions
- iOS app entry view
AP Stylebook Online takes everything you love about the traditional Stylebook and adds digital functionality and online-only features to make it an even better resource.
Stylebook Online features include:
- updates throughout the year, with email notifications as AP editors add or change entries
- access to Ask the Editor, where you can search thousands of previously answered questions in the archive and submit your own query to Stylebook editor David Minthorn
- the ability to create your own custom listings and add notes on entries
- search functionality that makes it easier to find all listings relevant to your query, using either simple or advanced searches
- phonetic spellings of hundreds of words and audio files so you can hear the right way to say names in the news.
- The Media Law Guide’s framework for understanding some of the legal questions commonly encountered in news gathering and publishing.
Use your mobile-optimized Web-based subscription on your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
At no added charge, you can use your AP Stylebook Online account via our our redesigned iOS mobile app and take AP Stylebook with you wherever you go, even when you don’t have connectivity. All the entries, notes and favorites you create in your Stylebook Online account will sync between your computer and mobile device.
You can also install our Microsoft Office app and use your Stylebook Online subscription to search or browse Stylebook entries within Microsoft Word.
Stylebook Online rates are based on the number of users, with pricing available either for named users or concurrent users. The price per user decreases with more users and can be more affordable than hard copy books.
AP members with a valid MDM code or AP Billing Account Number qualify for discounted rates.
Subscriptions are $26 for one year, or $16 for members of the AP not-for-profit news cooperative.
Returning Stylebook subscribers qualify for discounts on renewals. You can find your renewal discount code on your account manager page and in your renewal reminder emails.
Sign up for automatic annual renewal and save 20 percent your first year – plus 20 percent off your discounted renewal rate every additional year you continue to subscribe. It’s the most affordable way to stay in style.
You will gain access via an account activation email following your order receipt. Your one-year subscription starts when you activate your account.
If you need to buy Stylebook Online for a newsroom, a company or other organization, allowing you to share your notes and custom entries across multiple users, learn more about named-user site licenses or concurrent-user IP-based site licenses.