AP Stylebook & Webster’s New World Online
Click on the listings above for more information and product images. Then use the "N" (Next) and "P" (Previous) keys to cycle through the pages.
AP Stylebook’s authoritative guidance is supported by about 185,000 definitions from Webster’s New World College Dictionary, fifth edition, together in a single, comprehensive resource for your writing and editing needs.
Webster’s New World College Dictionary has been AP Stylebook’s first reference for spelling, style, usage and foreign geographic names for decades. Under the stewardship of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, you will benefit from a renewed commitment to dictionary definitions that are clear, precise, updated and reliable.
Thoroughly reviewed and revised by an expert editorial staff, this new fifth edition includes nearly 5,000 new words and senses, including deleverage, hashtag, niqab and selfie. Since the 1930s, the Webster’s New World brand has been synonymous with rigorous research and clearly written, easily accessible definitions.
This mobile-optimized online subscription offers all the features of AP Stylebook Online, including:
- updates throughout the year, with email notifications as AP editors add or change entries
- access to Ask the Editor, where you can search thousands of previously answered questions in the archive and submit your own query to Stylebook editor David Minthorn
- the ability for each user to create his or her own custom listings and add notes on entries, in addition to the site license administrator creating custom entries and notes to share across the organization as a shared local style reference and resource
- search functionality that makes it easier to find all listings relevant to your query, using either simple or advanced searches
- phonetic spellings of hundreds of words and audio files so you can hear the right way to say names in the news.
- The Media Law Guide’s framework for understanding some of the legal questions commonly encountered in news gathering and publishing.
Use your mobile-optimized Web-based subscription on your desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Now we also offer a Microsoft Office app so you can use your Stylebook Online subscription to search or browse Stylebook entries from within Microsoft Word, at no additional charge.
With Stylebook & Webster’s New World Online, a single search delivers results from both your trusted journalist’s resource and our primary dictionary, and clearly identifies the source of each entry.
Rates are based on the number of users, with pricing available either for named users or concurrent users. The price per user decreases with more users and can be more affordable than hard copy books.
Subscriptions start at $35 for one year for a single user, or $21 for members of the AP not-for-profit news cooperative.
AP members with a valid MDM code or AP Billing Account Number qualify for discounted rates.
Returning Stylebook & Webster’s New World Online subscribers qualify for discounts on renewals. You can also find your renewal discount code on your account manager page, and in your renewal reminder emails.
Sign up for automatic annual renewal and save 20 percent your first year – plus 20 percent off your discounted renewal rate every additional year you continue to subscribe. It’s the most affordable way to stay in style.
You will gain access via an account activation email following your order receipt. Your one-year subscription starts when you activate your account.
If you need to buy Stylebook & Webster’s New World Online for a newsroom, a company, or other organization to allow you to share notes and custom entries across multiple users, learn more about individual subscriptions or concurrent-user IP-based site licenses.
AP Stylebook & Webster’s New World Online Named-User Site License rates:
|Users||General Orders||AP Members|
|First Year||Renewals||First Year||Renewals|
|Up to 10||$280||$225||$170||$96|
|11 to 25||$560||$425||$335||$190|
|26 to 50||$1,120||$895||$670||$385|
|51 to 100||$1,955||$1,560||$1,175||$670|
|101 to 250||$4,890||$3,910||$2,930||$1,675|
|251 to 500||$9,780||$7,820||$5,865||$3,350|
|501 to 1,000||$16,760||$14,400||$10,050||$5,745|
|1,001 to 5,000||$83,790||$67,030||$50,275||$28,730|
|5,001 to 10,000||$167,580||$50,400||$100,550||$57,460|